Apply Now To This Position
Maintenance & Engineering
Job Location :
Park View at Fullerton
FTR- Full Time
*-THIS IS A DUAL SITE POSITION THAT WILL SUPPORT OUR PARK VIEW AT FULLERTON
AND PARK VIEW AT TAYLOR COMMUNITIES-*
How you will serve our residents and our community:
- Consistently and genuinely demonstrate the STARS principles of Service, Teamwork, Action, Reputation and Success in all activities and interactions.
- Provide for timely and accurate completion of resident service requests.
- Identify and complete or oversee completion of routine, preventative, scheduled, and emergency maintenance repairs, as well as general upkeep tasks throughout the community and on all equipment; maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Effectively manage all maintenance associates; ensure they are fully trained and that all job responsibilities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that all areas are kept safe and tidy; free of trash, debris and animal waste. This includes the cleanliness of the dumpster areas, as well as the necessary preparation of dumpsters for trash pick-up.
- Continuously monitor all areas of the community and grounds to ensure they are properly and safely maintained; advise management of any areas needing attention.
- Maintain landscaping including watering of the flowers; perform snow removal as needed.
- Provide assistance with apartment turnovers as directed. Repair, renovate, paint, and clean vacant apartments.
- Resolves complex or advanced service issues including sensitive communications with residents.
- Contribute to the annual budget planning process; Maximize the appeal of the interior and exterior appearance/condition of the property within the parameters set forth in the annual budget; ensure all required and necessary service contracts are in place and renewed annually such to optimize service while minimizing expense; purchase equipment/supplies in accordance with established budgets, and purchasing policies and procedures.
- Contribute to marketing efforts and resident satisfaction by providing excellent customer service and appropriate interactions with prospective and current residents.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all policies and procedures in accordance with and as outlined in both the Shelter Properties Operational Policies and Procedures Manual and the Human Resources Manual that are relevant to your position.
- Respond timely, appropriately and courteously to emergencies.
- Recommend suggestions for improved operating techniques and troubleshooting.
- Develop and deliver formal and informal training to associates throughout the company as assigned.
- Participate in and attend all required in-service training sessions.
- Support other Maintenance Supervisors as assigned by the Regional Manager and /or Director of Engineering with respect to developing or enhancing required skill sets.
- Other duties as assigned.
With our residents in mind, the right candidate will have:
- Manages the maintenance department which may include: Senior Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Technician(s), Maintenance Apprentice(s), and/or Porter(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Shelter policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Minimum three (3) years as a maintenance technician or other applicable experience; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Extensive knowledge in areas such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, equipment repair, and painting.
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification- Type II or Universal Certification (or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment).
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand and power tools.
- Skill in evaluating, developing, and implementing an organized system of delegated work to associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization as well as residents, guests and vendors.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and energy.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all associates.
- Ability to coach, teach, and mentor maintenance associates to promote career development.
- Proficiency with basic computer keyboarding and navigational skills.
- Ability to communicate, comprehend, read, and write in English.
- Provide basic tool set.
- Strong customer service orientation to older adults.
- Possess and maintain timely and reliable transportation.
- When on-call, associates must be ready, available, fit for work, and able to report to the property within 30 minutes of receiving a call.
In conformity with applicable laws, The Shelter Group, Shelter Properties, Brightview Senior Living, and its affiliates are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, or physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law or unrelated to job requirements or because of the individual's refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test.
Returning Applicants Login Here:
If you do not remember your password click here .
Current Associates Login:
The Shelter Group can give you shelter (or more likely sell it to you). The company invests in, develops, renovates, and manages residential...