Feb-15-2013, 11:59:59 PM
United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago -2816 South Kilbourn
Yes, 10 % of the Time
The purpose of this position is to supervise and control the maintenance/electrical and support production functions of the facility and be responsible for all associated technical issues.
Management of the maintenance area includes all labor issues, equipment breakdown repair, preventative maintenance and associated systems. To be the primary driver as a support function to production to minimize downtime, assist with process and operation, and improve operational efficiencies. Strategic partner within TPM in support of the EM Pillar.
Prefer experience in Foxboro Process Control system and demonstrate PLC troubleshooting techniques. Experience in high speed packaging lines in a food environment.
Also supervisors production team.
1. Supervise the maintenance function and ensure that maintenance assignments are carried out in an efficient and safe manner. Troubleshoot plant and equipment. Supervise maintenance team directly as well as production team.
2. Drive inspection routines, job scheduling, training, identification of plant improvement plans including efficiencies utilizing TPM principles.
3. Supervise maintenance resources, while controlling direct labor and overtime within budget.
4. Active member of Plant Safety Committee.
5. Responsible for daily management of Boiler Room operation (high steam) and Operating Engineers. Knowledge of Ammonia system and responsible for maintaining Anhydrous Ammonia. Knowledge of Waste Treatment operation helpful.
6. This position has a significant impact to the operational success of the plant.
Minimum Requirements: BS in relevant technical field required. Two (2) years minimum practical experience in maintenance in food plant environment preferably, & supervisory/management experience.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Unilever - 18 months ago
160 million times a day, some-one somewhere chooses a Unilever product.
Our brands include Dove, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Becel/Flora,...