About Whirlpool Corporation
Whirlpool is the industry leader in the manufacturing and marketing of home appliances. Whirlpool is a global company and markets Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Bauknecht, Consul and other major brand names in more than 170 countries around the world.
Whirlpool is a company that creates innovative solutions and products to meet consumer needs. As a result, we have been recognized as one of the world’s 100 most innovative companies by Business Week magazine and the Boston Consulting Group. Additionally, Whirlpool Corporation was ranked among the Top 20 Innovators in Consumer Products by The Patent Board and has been consistently ranked as one of the Top 20 Companies for Leaders by Hewitt Associates and Fortune magazine.
Our unique business strategy provides us with an unmatched leadership position and ability to build and sustain loyalty to our brands. Our strategy allows us to move with greater speed to better serve our trade customer and end consumers around the globe.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a
opening to join our
Amana, IA Manufacturing
Day to Day(what a typical day or week look like in this role)
Provide supervisory and technical support to the weekend shift maintenance team. Drive skilled trades to determine root cause of equipment issues that arise during the course of the shift. Effectively communicate afternoon shift equipment issues to the following shift and management team.
What You Will Do
- Responsible for supporting weekend PM activities, project execution and manufacturing operations (assembly equipment, packaging, material handling, fixtures, and business processes).
- Supervise weekend shift maintenance Crew (Electrical Specialists, Mechanical Specialists, Refrigeration Technicians)
- Support cost improvement and capital improvement initiatives
- Establish labor standards, equipment reliability improvement, and project prioritization
- Support safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvement initiatives
- Determine root cause of problems and implement corrective & preventive actions
- Perform Lean Sigma project work, and implement Lean Manufacturing methodology throughout area of responsibility
What You Need To Succeed
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, or Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years related leadership experience required, including experience in Lean Manufacturing Methods
- Understanding and working knowledge of statistics and quality control measures and methods
- PC proficiency utilizing MS Office and SAP-Plant Maintenance Module
- Communication and support to 24-hour / day assembly processes
- Proven leadership ability, excellent communicator, confidence inspirer, and self motivator
Whirlpool has big plans for the future, just like you. We understand that it takes preparation and hard work to get there. So, we offer challenging purpose, ownership of your role, great teams, and tools to build your capability. In our performance-based setting, you can take your career in exciting new directions - and as far as you want to go.
Whirlpool - 30+ days ago
With brand names recognized by just about anyone who has ever separated dark colors from light, Whirlpool is one of the world's top...