SUMMARY: Assists in maintaining and repairing physical structures of buildings by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain and repair including replacement of all Power Washer Systems.
- Maintain and repair Feed Systems for Nursery, Sow, GDU, Finisher, and, Boar Stud.
- Maintain and repair Fresh Water Systems for Nursery, Sow, GDU, Finisher, and Boar Stud.
- Maintain and repair Recycle Systems for Nursery, Sow, GDU, Finisher, and Boar Stud.
- Maintain and repair including replacement of all controls.
- Maintain and repair Cool Cells (Pumps, Pads, Tray, and Plumbing)
- Maintain and repair including trouble shooting for electrical.
- Welding of all buildings equipment including load out chutes, and fabrications of some penning or gating.
- Keep good work records and turn in paper work daily
- Follow written bio-security rules concerning entering a farm site and contact with other swine.
- Provide a number where employee can be reached in the event of emergency situations that may require the company to call the employee in to work.
- Have a good working relationship with all maintenance personnel and farm personnel.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed blow are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months experience or training; or combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and work orders. Ability to write simple correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply mathematical concepts to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSEES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a current valid driver’s license, acceptable MVR, and ability to pass DOT physical and obtain medical card.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to work with all types of electrical equipment and tools Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The duties of this job requires a person to stoop, bend, work off of knees, climb ladders and work in high areas up to 130 feet, work in dark areas and work in confined spaces after trained to do so.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
NORMAL WORK HOURS: The hours and days of work are established by departmental needs and at the discretion of management.
Seaboard Foods - 8 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...