Title of Position: Maintenance Technician COM (Change of Occupancy Maintenance)
Job Details/Description: Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance trades functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas and grounds. Reports to the COM Manager. In the absence of their primary supervisor, reports to the Director of Maintenance. Works cooperatively with all other property management personnel.
- Proficient at 2 skill sets (carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances)
- Responds to COM requirements and property management requirements.
- Completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Attends workshops, seminars, conferences, meetings and trainings pertinent to the efficient dispatch of duties. Reports to work regularly and on time.
- Wears prescribed uniform at all times during work hours
- Promote and practice incident-injury free (IIF) and sustainability
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- Requires 1-3 year’s trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training
- Proficient at two skill sets (Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, flooring or appliances)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with numbers and figures.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable background check
- Negative drug-test results
Schedule : Monday-Friday 7:30-4:00, occasional nights and weekends in support of resident events.
WinnResidential - 2 years ago