Works with minimal general supervision to preserve, restore and enhance the appearance of SLI buildings, facilities and equipment. Performs repairs and routine maintenance to the facility buildings in a safe, timely and professional manner to maximize the availability of all SLI facilities. Ability to plan set up and follow through daily activities in compliance with maintenance schedules and repair orders. Perform all types of industrial painting work to include machinery painting, interior and exterior finish work, minor framing and framing repair, texturing, drywall repair and painting of all kinds of medium as directed by the Maintenance Manager and the maintenance schedules. Performs clerical duties as required to facilitate the ordering of parts and supplies, and the creation and maintenance of equipment history files. Records repairs and maintenance activities in the appropriate equipment history and reports the usage of spare parts and supplies to help keep an adequate supply of critical items.
Works primarily to prepare various surfaces for painting by washing, scraping, sanding, sandblasting or other means as necessary. Mixes, matches, and blends various paints, enamels, lacquers, varnishes, stains and special protective coatings to achieve desired color, consistency, and drying properties, Caulks, putties, cements or plasters holes and cracks. Erects and uses ladders, scaffoldings, and swinging stage equipment as required. Paints buildings, structures, equipment, and furniture using brush, spray gun or other applicator. Prepares wall and hangs paper or other wall covering material. Determines quantities and requests supplies orally or in writing. Cleans and stores tools and equipment and cleans work sites. Travels to all Scantibodies Facilities as required performing job duties.
Performs any other duties as required. Assists in a variety of maintenance and repair work as needed.
Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area. Works with all departments and the Safety Committee to promote an ever-improving safe working environment for all employees.
• Experience at a level equivalent to journeyman painter or similar work experience and education with developed skill sets that provide knowledge, skills, and abilities for application for appropriate coatings and metal structures exposed to adverse weather and moisture conditions.
• Considerable knowledge of practices, tools, equipment and techniques associated with painting activities; ability to use and operate hand and power tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
• Considerable knowledge of standard hand and power tools and equipment used in painting activities; ability to use and operate hand and power tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
• Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to painting and ability to read and follow MSDS recommendations and requirements.
• Ability to perform bending, stooping, reaching, digging, carrying and lifting heavy objects weighing 70 lbs regularly and up to 90 lbs on occasion.
• Requires manual dexterity of both hands and feet to perform activities such as lifting overhead, twisting and bending while lifting, climbing ladders and stairs while wearing protective equipment.
• Motivation and flexibility to learn new skills while providing assistance to the Maintenance Personnel in the areas of facility plumbing, air conditioning and refrigeration, framing, drywall hanging and repair, minor flooring installation, and lighting as needed.
• Ability to interact tactfully and courteously with SLI Department Supervisors and Personnel.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement and incentive compensation.
Scantibodies Laboratory, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard