Headquartered in Boston's Historic Faneuil Hall, WinnCompanies develops, acquires and manages multi-family and mixed income properties throughout the United States. Founded in 1971, WinnResidential's multi-family management and military housing services portfolio currently includes over 95,000 residences located in 23 states.
As diverse as WinnCompanies holdings may be, our 2,600 employees are united by a commitment to excellence and a common set of principles upon which the organization was founded more than 40 years ago.
As the nation’s 6th largest residential housing management company, WinnCompanies ability to successfully operate large and small scale urban and suburban multifamily properties across the country continues to be a source of pride for the company.
Location of Position: AMCC
Address: 600 Laurel Bay Rd
City: Beaufort State: SC ZipCode: 29906
Title of Position: Maintenance Technician (COM)
- Provide maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, replacement of lights, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, heating/air system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Serve as a trades helper. In some trades, the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials or tools, and cleaning working areas; and in other trades, is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
- Responds to service calls, COM ( C hange of O ccupancy M aintenance) and property management requirements.
- Install stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Transport appliances. Connect appliance power source
- Repairs interior and exterior walls, woodwork, equipment and fixtures.
- Completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that all customers are given customer service surveys at the completion of service.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Wears prescribed uniform, including footwear, at all times during work hours
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars as position requires
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Digs, fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovels concrete; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of furniture, equipment, appliances and machinery
- Removes floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site clean up.
- Promotes and practices IIF ( I ncident and I njury F ree) safety culture at all times and adheres to GMR’s ( G lobal M inimum Safey R equirements) at all times.
- Adheres to company’s stated sustainability policies and goals.
- Performs their duties as assigned.
Qualifications and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 3 year(s) trade experience, formal, apprentice, or work related training. Multi-family community maintenance experience preferred.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- Acceptable background check
- Must pass the pre-employment drug test
- Must be able to work alone with minimal supervision
Schedule : Full Time. On-call duty when assigned. Position may include overtime and evening schedule
WinnCompanies is a Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
No phone calls please.
WinnResidential - 12 months ago