Responsible for maintaining contracted assets (roadways, medians, signs, guardrails, fences, bridges, tunnels, vegetation, etc.) per standards and conditions specified in the contract and as directed by the supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain and repair highway and other surfaces including potholes, striping, adding or replacing reflectors.
- Creates safe traffic control by setup and removal of traffic control devices including cones, message/arrow boards, temporary signage, etc.
- Maintains clean appearance of highways and medians through litter and debris removal and disposal (may use litter claw or other device).
- Repairs/maintains functionality of slopes, berms, culverts, drains, etc. through use of shovels and other hand or power tools and equipment.
- Controls vegetation appearance and growth through use of lawn mowing equipment, hand or power trimmers, and chemical sprayers and other methods.
- Maintains the appearance and functionality of signs, guardrails, fence, and lighting through repair and/or replacement using hand or power tools.
- Keep roadways free of debris including ice and snow by using snow removal and/or sanding equipment.
- Transports crew and equipment to work sites operating vehicle pickup trucks and specialized motor vehicles.
- Required to be available for emergency response rotations as needed for overtime, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- All other duties as assigned.
Maintenance technicians should posses the ability to cooperate and communicate with co-workers and supervisor. Must be able to consistently follow company and safety policies and procedures. Maintenance technicians should be able to perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply divide, calculate proportions, percentages, measurements). Must also be able to understand instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Familiarity with hand tools and power equipment preferred. Must be capable of working in an environment in which demands and priorities change rapidly. Ability to speak and understand basic English.
This position requires a highly developed sense of safety awareness and perceptive ability. You must have the ability to recognize hazards inherent in routine and non-routine tasks and make adjustments to avoid loss, injury or accident. You must be able to communicate with co-workers safety instructions. You must be able to think clearly and focus on your safety in your immediate surroundings, while using tools and equipment, while driving or operating equipment. You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate to your job.
Minimum Education and Experience
Formal Education: HS Diploma or GED (Preferred)
Work Experience: 1-2 years work experience in construction, road maintenance, commercial/industrial
repair, maintenance or landscaping (outdoor work) (Preferred)
Certifications and Licences Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (Required) DOT certifications (Highly Desirable)
Additional Information: Travel Percentage: 10%
Monster - 17 months ago