Epic Asset Management ( www.epicasset.com )
is a local management company that strives to exceed our resident’s
expectations since 1962. We pride ourselves on our innovative, dynamic
company culture that values our residents as well as our employees.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional,
experienced Maintenance Technician in Seattle, WA. At the
direction of the Site Manager, the Maintenance Technician will be
responsible for all building maintenance which includes work orders in
occupied apartments, turnover work in vacant apartments and picking up
trash on the grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all maintenance projects concerning property.
- Monitoring property, daily, to ensure the safe and working conditions of property. Replacing and reporting as needed.
- Perform light plumbing duties such as cleaning stoppages, replace fittings, change water heater elements, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, draperies, locks, etc.
- Perform light carpentry and drywall work. Including interior and exterior painting.
- Assist with custodial work in common areas, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc.
- Perform limited exterminations services, when required.
- Participate in a standby emergency schedule for evening,
weekend and holiday coverage, including daily schedule for lock-up of
property, resident, and vehicle towing.
- Responsible for inventory control and proper utilization of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Establish daily schedule, prioritizing work order request,
routing maintenance checklist, and preparation of vacant apartments for
- Refurbishing apartment prior to resident occupancy.
- Keep accurate records regarding preventative maintenance,
work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspection, inventories and
- Maintain accurate locator map of all, main and individual
units, shut-off valves, including gas, water, breaker boxes. Including,
underground layout of water, gas, cable, etc.
- Maintain working relations with vendors, including product knowledge.
- Maintain courteous communication with residents.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by management.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education - High school diploma required, college and/or vocational credentials preferred
- Experience - Minimum three years experience in building maintenance with proven track record of working independently.
- Communication - Ability to read and interpret documents
such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems
and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or
crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or
balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Compensation includes a competitive salary (DOE), insurance, paid vacation, and education allowance.
Epic Asset Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Please be sure to submit your resume and a cover letter.
Have you registered yet?
We're a PEO whose purpose is to administer the day to day functions of being an employer, so our clients can focus their efforts on growing...