Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale.
Your Opportunity: To install and maintain production equipment in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner. Performs facilities management including facility corrective and preventative maintenance (office, production and grounds), selection and coordination of vendors, skill training and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
Headquartered in Livonia, Michigan with approximately 6,400 associates in 28 states and eight countries, Valassis is widely recognized for its associate and corporate citizenship programs, including its America’s Looking for Its Missing Children® program. Valassis subsidiaries include Brand.net, a Valassis Digital Company, and NCH Marketing Services, Inc. Valassis consumer brands include RedPlum®. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V and are committed to building a diverse work force. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Ensure proper operation of machinery (Mullers, Cheshire’s, Ink Jet Printers and Alphaliners) ensuring all maintenance functions are performed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Have a strong understanding of Industrial computer controls and related I/O’s
- Cost effective control of parts inventory in accordance with corporate operations policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of a quality preventive maintenance program to maximize equipment life and operational efficiencies according to Valassis and manufacturer specifications.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) database that that assigns and tracks corrective and preventive maintenance tasks completion.
- Responsible for insuring that all equipment has the proper safety protection devices, is safe to operate and that proper housekeeping practices are implemented.
- Develops and leads a highly trained and motivated maintenance team to support all operations.
- Assist the maintenance manager in controlling costs, fixed and variable.
- Responsible for the coordination of schedules, plans, and training with department managers.
- Accountable for the repair parts and equipment inventory and budget.
- Responsible for maintaining the facility in compliance with local, state, and federal codes and Valassis policies.
- Responsible for supporting safety initiatives and safe working conditions; (e.g. MSDS, Hazcom, Hazardous energy standard, machine guarding, etc.)
- Develops and tests equipment improvements to continuously improve operational efficiencies and cost effectiveness of production.
- Inspect machinery for potential problems daily. Documents problems and schedule work.
- Responsible for preparing maintenance work order schedule for the shift and respond in a timely manner to all red lights on the production floor.
- Coordinate with vendors and manage facility maintenance requirements.Provide training and coaching to new maintenance technicians and inspect their work.
- Ability to read and understand schematics and electrical blue prints.
- Ability to learn and follow all safety regulations and job instructions to perform primary duties.
- Electrical, mechanical and HVAC Certification highly recommended
- Computer literate
- High school diploma required; Associates Degree preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA requirements
- Ability to work in a team environment, striving to meet and exceed regional production, quality and safety goals.
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to manage programs and systems which support the business.
- Must demonstrate good time management skills. Plans and organizes daily work flow.
- Must have experience with continuous improvement projects and requires making decisions on your own and explaining the decision and its advantages.
- Special Licenses: Powered industrial trucks desired but not required.
- 3 or more years experience as a Lead Mechanic in Production Maintenance
Valassis - 11 months ago
Valassis Communications, Inc. (Valassis) is a media and marketing services company, offering reach and scale to more than 15,000...