Maintenance Technician DC (Job Number: 011260) |
Maintains Distribution Center (DC) facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains efficient operation of material handling equipment by clearing jams and removing foreign materials.
- Performs general building maintenance as directed, such as lamp replacement, simple construction, wiring, repair of overhead doors and plumbing.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology OR at least 2 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors
- At least 6 months of experience with hand and power tools (such as drills, fasteners and saws) in a facilities, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical theory including bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor, construction, and operation
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...