Maintenance Technician DC (Job Number: 011260) |
Maintains Distribution Center (DC) facilities and equipment to maximize Operations performance.
- Performs assigned preventive maintenance tasks and minor mechanical repairs to material-handling and other Distribution Center (DC) equipment.
- Uses Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) - generated preventive maintenance worksheets to maintain distribution machinery and equipment according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and good maintenance practices.
- Maintains efficient operation of material handling equipment by clearing jams and removing foreign materials.
- Performs general building maintenance as directed, such as lamp replacement, simple construction, wiring, repair of overhead doors and plumbing.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Associate’s Degree in Industrial or Maintenance Technology OR at least 2 years of maintenance experience in a facilities, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of industrial electricity including single-phase and three-phase power, motors, protective devices and/or photo sensors
- At least 6 months of experience with hand and power tools (such as drills, fasteners and saws) in a facilities, distribution and/or manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of mechanical theory including bearings, hydraulics, pneumatics, conveyor, construction, and operation
- Willing and able to climb to the 100-foot level to make repairs with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to lift parts and tools weighing up to 80 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willing and able to perform tasks which include repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking with or without reasonable accommodation
Walgreens - 7 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...