Responsible for performing mechanical, electrical, and electronic plant/equipment maintenance so that production down time is minimized and efficiency is maximized. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.
PM Shift (3:55 PM to 4:00 AM)
Essential Job Activities:
* Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems of all plant 23%
equipment including mechanical drive systems and hydraulic and
* Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems of plant and 20%
packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses,
switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors, and AC
& DC motor drives.
* Troubleshoot and repair electronic problems of plant and 15%
packaging/processing equipment such as programmable controllers,
circuit boards, install electronic components, computer programming.
* Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, check and 15%
replace items, and conduct equipment inspections.
Secondary Job Activities:
* Provide calibration and repair support for ICV Program. 5%
* Provide maintenance and operator training to ensure proper 5%
use of equipment.
* Design and fabricate replacement parts or equipment: weld, lathe, 5%
mill, presses, grinders, to repair equipment.
* Keep track of parts inventory and purchase and/or request 4%
replacement parts when necessary. Ensure parts are installed in
equipment when received.
* Perform building maintenance and repairs including HVAC, 2%
roofs/windows/doors, lights, and forklifts for the
Campbell Mill and Distribution Center.
* Keep all work and shop areas clean so as to avoid injury and/or 2%
* Use computerized maintenance system for equipment history & parts. 2%
* Provide input into mechanical, electrical and electronic designs 1%
* Perform any other assigned duties. 1%
Education: 1-2 years vocational training in maintenance mechanics. hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, electronics and programmable computers. Knowledge of production machinery operation and maintenance. State boilers, electrical and refrigeration licenses.
Experience: Minimum 5 years experience in plant and production equipment maintenance including mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair.
Skills and Abilities:
Types of Equipment:
Ability to operate machine tools (lathe, mill, etc.), and power tools. Computers, electronic test equipment, multimeters.
Certified to operate forklift; welding equipment - all types.
Manual dexterity for delicate electronic work. Frequently stoop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties. Ability to lift and carry 75-100 pound objects, repetitively lift and carry 20 and 50 pound objects. Ability to distinguish between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair and colors for electronic wiring work.
Mental/Motor Requirement s:
Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics; ability to troubleshoot plant and production equipment problems (mechanical, electrical and electronic); ability to effectively interact and communicate with machine operators and outside vendors; ability to work closely with other team members to share responsibilities and solve problems. Ability to troubleshoot and program programmable controllers. Ability to perform tasks from memory. Ability to work alone and be self directed. Ability to operate processing and packaging equipment. Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
Work in all plant areas and outside the plant. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, fumes, gases, odors and dust. Exposure to high noise levels. Work around moving machinery that is electrically and mechanically hazardous. Also work with highly combustible or potentially explosive equipment.
1. Must identify and solve mechanical, electrical and electronic plant or equipment problems. Repairs must be performed safely, on a timely basis, and cost effectively.
2. Provide input into engineering designs, e.g. electrical or electronic systems or changes-- practicality and convenience.
Works under the supervision of the Maintenance Team Supervisor. Responsible for solving mechanical, electrical and electronic problems of the plant facility and production equipment in a safe, timely and cost effective manner. Responsible for maintenance during assigned times. Works rotating shifts and weekends.
MOM Brands - 13 months ago
MOM Brands (formerly Malt-O-Meal Company), a privately held and family owned company, is the third largest cereal company in the United...