Immediate need for a Maintenance Technician II with 2 to 3 years of experience in Santa Fe Springs. The Maintenance Technician 2 (2nd Shift) will be responsible for performing maintenance on all plant machinery (hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.) utilizing proper skilled techniques to assure the safe, efficient operation of all plant machinery.
- Maintain / Repair or replace equipment, perform basic mechanical, and electrical repair work.
- Follow company policy, processes and action plans as it relates to all plant machinery.
- Perform root cause analysis for any abnormal conditions/ failures, take required corrective and preventive actions to prevent recurrence of such conditions.
- Performs electrical testing: motor testing; fuse/continuity checks; voltage/resistance/current relationships.
- Performs machinery and basic equipment examinations to troubleshoot defects/visual wear in operation.
- Follow the preventive maintenance schedule in accordance with the equipment manufacturer’s recommendation/ industry accepted best practices for all plant equipment.
- Perform machine shop functions (sheet metal, steel layout and welding).
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by making/implementing suggestions.
- Maintain close coordination with departments to resolve equipment breakdowns and other production related opportunities.
- Must follow and understand production daily goals and requirements.
- Understands and practices the concept of Customer Service as it relates to internal customers.
- Follow and maintain Lean activities (5S, housekeeping, hygiene, etc.).
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by management.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Read/follow blueprints and draw simple schematics.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Basic understanding of MS Office (Word / Excel).
- Completes all required data entry & documentation in Maintenance software.
- Basic understanding of OHM’s Law (Electrical formulas and equations) and NEC (National Electric Code).
- 2 to 3 years of experience in an industrial environment working within a maintenance (electrical/mechanical) department.
- Experience working with Allen Bradley PLC’s preferred.
- Familiar with RS Linx or RS Logix preferred.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic power principles.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Basic knowledge of Inverter drives, controllers, AC or DC power supplies.
- Bilingual Spanish preferred.