Posting Job Title |
Center Conway, NH, US
Area of Interest
Posting Job Description
The Time Warner Cable Northeast Region currently seeks a Maintenance Technician for our Technical Operations Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Perform routine and preventative maintenance on feeder/distribution and trunk systems in order to maintain system performance standards and perform all the duties of a Service Technician when required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete work assignments generated through subscriber service requests and technician follow-up requests, as well as assigned work from the supervisor including: signal egress/ingress detection; sweep alignment; installations; troubleshooting; test point measurements; system balance and preliminary proofs.
- Follow established troubleshooting procedures to identify faults within the subscriber drop, feeder/distribution and trunk systems to ensure proper signal level, picture quality and compliance with all local, state, federal and Time Warner requirements and standards.
- Correct faults found in the above by adjusting, repairing or replacing passive or active components as required to maintain standards established by the company.
- Perform signal egress/ingress detection and correction and maintain a daily log of same according to procedures and requirements.
- Complete and report test point measurements.
- Perform emergency restoration of signal outages in the feeder/distribution and trunk systems and serve on-call as needed.
- Perform system balance and assist with system sweep operations.
- Complete preventative maintenance work as required or assigned.
- Activate new plant and perform preliminary proof when required.
- Perform the duties of a Service Technician as needed.
- Demonstrate support for excellent customer service.
- The maintenance technician will serve as an on-call technician and will also audit the system and terminate unauthorized connections.
- The maintenance technician must be able to communicate effectively with the customer concerning reception problems and Time Warner services.
- Basic courtesy, diplomatic abilities and a pleasant demeanor are important to this position.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
- Climb poles and ladders, using gaffs if necessary.
- Carry, set up, and extend ladders weighing up to 70 lbs. (daily)
- Must meet weight requirements of equipment as specified by manufacturer, e.g., ladder.
- Work with confidence in buckets or on ladders and utility poles at heights of up to 30 feet.
- Work indoors and outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Use the standard tools of the trade (screwdrivers, wrenches, drills, strippers, crimpers, hammers, etc.) to route cable, connect cable and install electronic equipment.
- The maintenance technician must be able to work a variety of schedules in order to provide needed coverage, for both normal duty and on-call duty.
- All other Duties As Assigned
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- A valid driver's license and good driving record.
- Certification in pole climbing and use of a bucket truck are prerequisites.
- Must have understanding of and ability to use the following equipment:
- Signal level meter cable locator AC clamp meter Megger system maps
- Spectrum analyzer volt-ohm meter egress monitoring devices television test set
- Basic time domain reflectometer sweep gear
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, pension, a matched 401K plan, tuition reimbursement, and discounted services for employees who reside in a Time Warner Cable service area.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
4270 - Portland
Controlling Establishment ID
00099 - Conway Eastman
Time Warner Cable - 14 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...