Posting Job Title |
Harlingen, TX, US
Area of Interest
Posting Job Description
Time Warner Cable is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician I for our Technical Operations department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to be responsible for preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, alignment, testing and repair of the HFC plant in accordance with Time Warner Cable, FCC rules, regulations and procedures. Responsibilities supporting all services up to and including analog, digital, fiber and other communications methods and mediums.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs system sweeping, alignment, testing, analysis, troubleshooting, repair and certification, including RF two way
- Produces and maintains documentation and records for all activities and testing as required
- Participates in regularly scheduled and emergency on-call duty beyond normal working hours as required by supervisor. Position may require non-standard working hours on a regular basis in order to perform position duties at hours that are least disruptive to customers
- Maintains thorough and current proficiency of FCC and Time Warner Cable performance specifications, and can, without supervision, initiate and complete comprehensive testing including (but not limited to) all FCC or Time Warner Cable required or recommended tests and measurements
- Performs general construction duties, splicing (coaxial, fiber), activation and emergency restoration of communications facilities, Properly protects and defends Time Warner Cable equipment, property, and materials against loss, theft or damage. Maintains all equipment assigned in proper working order including regular calibration, repair, adjustment, and alignment
- Performs maintenance by climbing on ladders, telephone poles, and other structures; lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, digging, crawling, stooping and standing. Manipulating connectors, using fasteners, wire and hand tools properly
- Works outside throughout the year. Works in various weather conditions, which may be extreme hot or cold conditions. May drive for long periods of time and work in dark/confined spaces
- In the course of performing duties, the technician will regularly work at heights greater than 40 feet, climb and descend portable ladders, poles, towers or other structures; operate aerial lift vehicles, in accordance with all safety regulations
- Perform work at hub sites and diagnose hub problems
- Demonstrate ability to independently perform basic maintenance jobs described above
- Must possess a valid Texas drivers license and good driving record
- Knowledge of National Electrical Codes
- This position will require periodic on call, some night work and overtime
- Must be able to meet and maintain safe load limits for provided equipment, in accordance with TWC Weight Restriction Policy
- First aid and CPR is desired
- Bilingual Preferred - English/Spanish
- Pass a pole climbing certification annually
The following certifications are preferred:
- SCTE Installer certification
- NCTI Service Technician Certification
- SCTE Broadband Specialist Certification
- NCTI System Technician Certification preferred.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/Recognized Equivalent or minimum five (5) years of directly related experience required
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
Controlling Establishment ID
00150 - Harlingen
Time Warner Cable - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...