Posting Job Title Maintenance Technician Requisition # 142210BR Posting Location Milwaukee, WI, US Area of Interest Engineering/Technical Operations
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description POSITION SUMMARY:
To maintain system integrity by adhering to preventive maintenance guidelines. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Test and record data from fixed and random test points in accordance with the Warner Cable Preventive Maintenance Policy
- Perform routine plant repairs as directed.
- Continuously monitor the plant for signal leakage, make signal leakage measurements and repair defective plant.
- Perform electronic sweep and output level adjustments on amplifiers.
- Test and document power supply operation in accordance with the PM policy.
- Assist in the installation, repair and maintenance of headends and earth stations.
- Perform standby duty/on-call for emergency repairs and service calls on a rotating basis.
- Assist with hub building maintenance and upgrades and new node installations.
- Maintain company assets such as converters, vehicles, tools, test equipment, materials and supplies according to company standards.
- Perform light construction and pole line maintenance such as pole changes, cable replacements, cable splicing, short line extensions and quality control of new plant.
- Maintain all cable electronics with the use of various cable TV test equipment.
- Maintain trunk line electronics to manufacturers' specifications and maintain forward and reverse signals.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of fiber optic network.
- May be required to work with customers, including accessing their homes. JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 years or more CATV experienceSKILLS:
- Customer Service focus.
- Can analyze and implement effective work procedures.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Valid drivers license w/good safe driving history PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or zero to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Electronics education or degree preferred.
- Field of Study in Electronics/Telecommunications.
- Prior Work Experience Electronics/Telecommunications. FCC Unit_TWC 8342 Controlling Establishment ID 00066 - Milwaukee ML King
Time Warner Cable - 13 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...