At Wayne Farms, our recipe for success begins with the highest-quality ingredients: our employees. Each one plays a critical role in creating our professional, collaborative environment and contributing to our success as the most technically advanced producers of superior poultry products. We are one of the world’s largest vertically integrated poultry producers with our corporate headquarters in Oakwood, GA (North of Atlanta) and locations throughout the Southeast. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN PENDERGRASS, GA. We continue to lead our industry in quality while consistently exceeding expectations by our commitment to being partners of choice with our employees, customers, and communities. Our growth is your opportunity.
Troubleshoot/maintain Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), process and machine controls, advanced electrical systems, & advanced mechanical and electromechanical equipment. Uses advanced computer literacy and blueprint reading/schematics skills.
PROGRAMMABLE LOGIC CONTROLLERS (PLC)
PROCESS AND MACHINE CONTROLS
- Create/modify ladder logic.
- Install/troubleshoot PLC hardware (Allen-Bradley).
- Program PLC using software (Allen-Bradley).
- Perform process control networking tasks.
- Calibrate/install/repair flow and density, temperature, pressure, level, speed, and moisture/humidity transmitters, gages and switches.
- Calibrate proportional control valves and process control loop (PID).
- Verify/calibrate metal detectors.
- Install/calibrate load cells.
- Troubleshoot/replace/install circuit boards.
- Install/maintain/troubleshoot stepper/servo motors.
- Install/maintain VFD drives (Variable Frequency Drive).
- Troubleshoot/maintain AC and DC Controls.
COMPUTER LITERACY and BLUEPRINT READING/SCHEMATICS
- Perform alignment.
- Troubleshoot/repair/replace relays.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrate advanced computer software skills using Microsoft products.
- Maintain and use computerized maintenance management system.
- Use mechanical drawings and electrical schematics for troubleshooting equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to pass Level 4 NOCTI exam
- 5+ years general and preventive maintenance experience in food manufacturing industry preferred; poultry industry experience a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English
- Must be able to work overtime, including Saturday or Sunday if needed
- Basic computer skills required
- Ammonia/Refrigeration skills a plus
- Utilizes the internet and maintenance web page to receive the daily maintenance schedule.
- Uses the electronic maintenance tracking system to review the history of maintenance activities, work orders, preventive maintenance, etc.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and adheres to safety requirements.
We seek to hire professionals who add value each day, guide their decisions legally, ethically, and in line with company policy. In return, Wayne Farms is committed to enhancing our employees quality of life by delivering a great work environment, competitive pay, professional development, and an industry leading benefits package including: medical, dental, and eye-care coverage, employer-matched 401(k), disability income protection, life insurance and paid vacation. If you're interested in this opportunity to join a growing and prosperous company, submit your resume online today!
- Occasionally lifts up to 70 lbs.
- Frequently and constantly walks throughout the facility including over 150,000 square feet.
- Frequently stoops, kneels, and crawls.
- Frequently uses visual skills to inspect equipment, machinery, and facilities.
- Frequently climbs stairs and ladders.
- Constantly subject to extremely wet and cold environments as well as wet and hot environments.
Wayne Farms is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
NOTE: To all recruitment agencies : Wayne Farms does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Wayne Farms employees or any other company location. Wayne Farms is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Wayne Farms LLC - 2 years ago
Don't ask. A top US poultry business, Wayne Farms is too busy to cross the road. The company processes almost 2 billion pounds of...