JOB TITLE: Maintenance Technician
Division: Airgas Specialty Gas
Functional Area: Operations
Reports to: Assistant Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Provide corrective and preventative maintenance service to the facility to ensure the highest quality and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Service and repair of high precision equipment.
- Maintenance to facility equipment including lighting, water and drain systems, heating and air conditioning.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance on plant production equipment (i.e. manifolds, vent and supply piping, compressors, pumps, valves, safety relief devices, bakeouts, dryers, cylinder inverters, etc.).
- Follow facility safety, health, environmental, and quality programs.
- Issue and abide by hazardous work permits.
- Coordination and direction of contractors when required.
- Responsible for installation of new equipment.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Must be able to operate forklift and maintain forklift certifications.
- Hazmat Certified.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Vocational/Technical training and/or equivalent experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to perform work during prolonged standing (up to 8 hours). Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, and repetitive motion required.
- Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling and crawling.
- Ability to perform very heavy work – routinely lift 25 – 75 lbs., and occasionally lift 76 to greater than 100 lbs.
- Ability to push and pull containers weighing up to 800lbs with the aid of material handling equipment.
- Ability to talk to and hear customers/co-workers as well as smell/hear leaking gas from cylinders.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an industrial production setting.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying temperatures and elements.
Airgas Inc. - 17 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...