Atlas Roofing Corporation is an innovative, customer-oriented manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials. Atlas has grown from a single roofing shingle manufacturing facility in 1982 into an industry leader with 17 plants in North America and worldwide product distribution.
- Maintains safe working environment by abiding by all rules and regulations of the manufacturing plant. These include, but are not limited to: Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Electrical Safety, ArcFlash, Elevated Working Surfaces, Hazard Communication (SDS), Hot Work, and Process Safety Management.
- Repairs, maintains, and installs plant’s machines and equipment. Cleans and maintains motors, pumps and parts.
- Performs electrical/electronic maintenance, construction, layout, installation, repairs and controls according to established practices and methods.
- Assembles, disassembles or installs mechanical, electrical/electronic equipment working from engineering drawings, field sketches, other related documents and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Uses and operates tools and/or any equipment with proficiency in performing work of the craft.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and performs maintenance and repairs of any plant mechanical and/or electrical systems. Adjusts, repairs and replaces and faulty parts in plant machinery and equipment.
- Maintains and participates in the plant preventative maintenance programs.
- Operates forklift and man lifts. Performs operator inspection of equipment; checks fluid levels and various component systems for malfunctions. Completes daily vehicle inspection form.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two year Electrical/Mechanical experience
- PLC, Electrical, and/or Welding Training
Other Skills & Abilities
- PC literate, ability to effectively utilize email, Excel (spreadsheet), Word, and Maintscape Preventative Maintenance Program
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to employees of the organization.
- Ability to work with, and apply mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to forecasting and other practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks w/ minimal supervision.
Atlas Roofing Corporation offers a competitive compensation (starting $27/hr) and vacation/holiday package as well as a comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life/AD&D/LTD insurance, 401k and Medical & Dependent Care Spending Accounts.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Atlas® Roofing Corporation is an innovative, customer-oriented manufacturer of residential and commercial building materials. Atlas has...