Bloom Energy, a solid oxide fuel cell company, is looking for a Maintenance Technician to join its world class team. This individual should be a dynamic professional who is looking for a rewarding future in one of today’s most exciting technologies.
Location: This position will be based in Sunnyvale, CA.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Troubleshoot and repair all downed machines in Stack Manufacturing
• Perform machine installations or modification as instructed
• Execute preventive maintenance schedules
• Review spares inventory and inform spares team when spare parts are used
• Evaluate equipment and create maintenance procedures and error logs about said equipment (high need)
• Suggest improvements for tool set
• Help implement upgrades to machines
• Assist with manufacturing when required
• Support equipment testing group
• Ensure proper LOTO compliance
• Be able to lift 50lbs as needed
• Be able to maneuver into tight places or on the ground as needed to perform repairs
• Be able to use a PC and programs such as: outlook, MS word, MS excel, CMMS software
Skills and Experience:
• Minimal level is AA in technical field, a journeyman license is preferred or equivalent experience
• Well rounded in mechanical systems and experience such as: Pneumatics, vacuum systems, motor alignment, hoists, etc.
• Well rounded in electrical (up to 480VAC) experience and systems: VFD’s, motor/encoder systems, high temperature systems (highly valued), robotics, etc.
• Experience with high temperature systems up to 1200C
• PLC & Automation Experience
• Touch screen programming experience preferred
• MIG, TIG & Arc welding experience preferred
• Experience repairing machinery in a high volume manufacturing atmosphere
• Superior communication skills (written, verbal and active listening)
• Intermediate skill level with MS word and excel. Power point proficiency a plus
• Highly motivated self-starter, capable of self management with little to no oversight is a must
• Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish effective cross-functional working relationships; ability to effectively participate on multi-disciplinary teams.
About Bloom Energy:
Bloom Energy will make clean, reliable energy affordable for everyone in the world. Our technology, first developed for NASA's Mars Program, will dramatically change the way that the world’s energy is produced, distributed and consumed. Bloom’s unique on-site power generation systems are among the most efficient on the planet, providing significantly reduced operating costs and producing dramatically lower greenhouse gas emissions. Pioneering a new class of stationary fuel cells, Bloom is not just creating a new product or company; it is driving a whole new industry.
As one of Silicon Valley’s most promising startups, Bloom was the first clean energy technology investment for Kleiner Perkins and NEA, two of Silicon Valley’s most revered venture capital firms. The company has assembled a super-star board, experienced management team, and top-notch technical staff. Bloom Energy is growing quickly and is looking to add to its dynamic team.
Bloom Energy is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to compliance with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants, will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Bloom Energy makes reasonable accommodations, consistent with applicable laws, for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee with a disability, who can perform the essential job functions, unless undue hardship would result.
Bloom Energy - 17 days ago
There're startups, and then there's Bloom Energy. The company invented the first power generator that uses solid-oxide fuel cells,...