Job Number: 70047
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Sterling House of Westerville located in Columbus, OH!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 36 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Job Opening: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 70047
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Sterling House of Westerville - 6377 Cooper Road; Columbus, OH 43231
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/sterling-house-of-westerville.aspx
Contact: Donna Adlington
Key responsibilities include:
* Maintaining scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment
* Performing general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, and equipment repair
* Responding to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs
* Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner - this includes painting walls and cleaning carpets
* Ensuring that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained
* Maintaining positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community
* Repairing walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community
* Assessing all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determining the best course of action to correct the problem
* Documenting safety issues as well as physical plan deficiencies related to local, county, state and federal guidelines
* Responding appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a minimum of 3 years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must be knowledgeable in the following areas: building maintenance and up-keep, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and heating and cooling
* Must be able to lift and move items 70lbs or more
* Must have a professional and friendly attitude and customer service skills
* Must have time management and organizational skills
* Must be able to maintain departmental budget
* Must have computer skills
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Donna Adlington at DAdlington@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number 70047.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
electrical, electrician, heating, hvac, journeyman, lighting, lighting technician, maintenance, pipes, plumbing, refrigeration, utility, Columbus, OH
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...