Job Number: 52384
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Clare Bridge of Manlius in Fayetteville, NY!!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice . Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living operates over 640 locations in 35 states and employs approximately 47,000 full and part time associates and serves nearly 72,000 residents. BSL offers its residents access to a full continuum of services. - independent living, assisted living, retirement centers / continuing care retirement communities ( CCRC ) and management services.
Immediate Job Opening: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: 52384
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Clare Bridge of Manlius--5125 Highbridge Street, Fayetteville, NY 13066
Contact: Aaryn Trusskey
- Performs the general operating maintenance, service, and repair of the interior and exterior of the communities.*
We seek the following qualifications:
- Maintains scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape and kitchen equipment.
- Responds to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Repairs and maintains vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting and cleaning carpets.
- Assures that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community.
- Conducts in-service fire safety training for all employees.
- Repairs walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the residence.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the residence and determines the best course of action to correct the problem.
- Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Documents life safety/safety issues as well as physical plan deficiencies as related to local, county, state and federal guidelines.
- Reviews material safety data sheets (MSDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals used and takes necessary precautions.
- Responds appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of building equipment, building codes and building systems (HVAC, plumbing and electrical) in health care facilities.
Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and associates at all levels of the organization.
Knowledge of all phases of maintenance of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems
Valid State driver’s license
EPA and HVAC certification preferred
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing knowledge
Must have prior painting experience and has worked in a multi-unit building doing routine repair and maintenance
HOW TO APPLY: Please e-mail your resume to Aaryn Trusskey at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keywords: electrical, electrician, heating, hvac, journeyman, lighting, lighting technician, maintenance, pipes, plumbing, refrigeration, utility, Fayetteville, NY
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 2 years ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...