Job Number: MTgFL04032013
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at the Sterling House of Gainesville located in Gainesville, FL!!
One Company - One Mission - One Voice. Good people make the difference and are the key to the company’s success. Brookdale Senior Living® is based in Brentwood, Tennessee and a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD) with a rich 30 plus year heritage of senior housing expertise and a leading owner and operator of senior living communities throughout the United States. Brookdale operates independent living, assisted living, and dementia-care communities and continuing care retirement centers, with 647 communities in 36 states. Each day, more than 46,000 Brookdale associates serve over 60,000 residents in a variety of settings. Through our Innovative Senior Care program, the Company also offers a range of outpatient therapy, home health and hospice services, primarily to residents of our communities. www.brookdaleliving.com
Immediate Opening: Maintenance Technician
Job Number: MTgFL04032013
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling House of Gainesville - 4601 North West 53rd Avenue; Gainesville, FL 32606
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/sterling-house-of-gainesville.aspx
Contact: Deanna Nelson
Key responsibilities include:
* Maintaining scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on, but not limited to: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment
* Performing general maintenance projects as scheduled or assigned, including installations and repairs involving plumbing and electrical equipment, carpentry work, painting, and equipment repair
* Responding to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs
* Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner - this includes painting walls and cleaning carpets
* Ensuring that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained
* Maintaining positive communication with local fire marshal, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community
* Repairing walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community
* Assessing all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determining the best course of action to correct the problem
* Documenting safety issues as well as physical plan deficiencies related to local, county, state and federal guidelines
* Reviewing material safety data sheets (MSDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals and takes necessary precautions
* Responding appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Must have a minimum of 3 years prior building maintenance experience
* Must have knowledge of building equipment, building codes, and building systems (HVAC, plumbing and electrical)
* Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, their family members, and associates at all levels of the organization
* Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
* EPA and HVAC certification preferred
* Must have flexibility with schedule and be available to work days, evenings, and weekends
* Must be available for periodic on call duty
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Deanna Nelson at DNelson2@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number MTgFL04032013.
AND : Fill out an application at http://www.brookdalecareers.com/images/userimages/Application-EEO-FCRA.pdf .
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
electrical, electrician, heating, hvac, journeyman, lighting, lighting technician, maintenance, pipes, plumbing, refrigeration, utility, Gainesville, FL
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 11 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...