Maintenance Technician/ Driver
Job Number: 013566
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Sterling House LeHigh Acres located in LeHigh Acres, FL!!
Brookdale provides lifestyle solutions that create the most fulfilling experiences for each resident every day. We are constantly innovating new and better methods for enriching the lives of our senior living residents. The Brookdale experience offers much more than a place to live. Our residents share a common value: to be recognized as individuals, to lead lives with a sense of purpose and to maintain connections with people and interests that are meaningful to them.
We do this in more than 600 retirement communities, and with a wide range of innovative programs and services. Brookdale has nearly 50,000 associates whose passion, courage and true sense of partnership make Brookdale what it is.
More than a company, it is a calling.
Senior Living Solutions: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Therapy, Hospice, Home Health, LifeCare, Continuing Care Retirement Communities. For more information visit: www.brookdaleliving.com
Immediate Job Opening: Maintenance Technician/Driver
Job Number: 013566
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sterling House LeHigh Acres- 1251 Business Way LeHigh Acres , FL 33936
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/sterling-house-of-lehigh-acres.aspx
Contact: Wendy Sury
Ideal candidate will have general knowledge of building repair and maintenance, including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, painting and carpentry work. Also needs knowledge of fire codes and life safety codes. This position will also have driving responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include:
* Maintaining scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment
* Responding to maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs
* Repairing and maintaining vacated rooms in a timely manner (this includes painting walls and cleaning carpets)
* Ensuring that walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained
* Repairing walls, floor coverings, doors, and wood work in the common areas of the community
* Assessing all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determining the best course of action to correct the problem
* Responding appropriately to management and/or community emergencies by assisting as needed
* This position will also require driving responsibilities
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a high school diploma or GED
* Must have a minimum of one year of maintenance experience
* Must have general knowledge of HVAC, electrical, and plumbing, and basic troubleshooting
* Must be able to paint and turnover apartments quickly
* Must have a valid State driver’s license and clean driving record
* Must have excellent customer service and communication skills
* Must be a dependable, a team player, and have a positive attitude
* Must have flexible schedule
* Must enjoy working with the senior population
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number 013566.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
electrical, electrician, heating, hvac, journeyman, lighting, lighting technician, maintenance, pipes, plumbing, refrigeration, utility, LeHigh Acres, FL
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. - 8 months ago
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...