Campus Village Communities (CVC) is seeking a highly motivated and skilled full-time Maintenance Technician for our City Place and Prestige Properties communities, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
The following qualifications must be met to be considered for the position of Maintenance Technician:
- Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs on a regular basis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and own basic maintenance tools.
- Must be within a 45 minute commute and be available to assist in after-hours emergency situations.
- Previous maintenance experience in the multi-housing and/or student housing industry
- Regularly climb and navigate stairs and ladders
The Maintenance Technician responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Timely completion of work orders and special projects
- Completion of plumbing and electrical service requests
- Completion of apartment turns including cleaning, drywall repair, painting, and appliance repair/replacement
- Servicing residents in a friendly, customer service oriented manner, ensuring timely completion of the work order
- General grounds keeping and housekeeping duties required, as well as snow removal during winter months, when needed.
The Maintenance Technician must have previous maintenance experience, preferably in the multi-housing and/or student housing industry, as well as excellent customer service skills and general computer knowledge. It is essential that the Maintenance Technician portray a professional and courteous attitude and image while on the job. Candidate should have extensive experience with plumbing, electrical and apartment turns.
Availability for on-call purposes and the flexibility and ability to work extended hours, weekends and/or holidays when necessary is required. HVAC or EPA Universal, plumbing, contracting, builder’s certifications and licenses are a plus.
Job offer is contingent upon the passing of a criminal history screen.
Please submit resumes & cover letters ATTN: CVC Human Resources to:
Email (in PDF format): Apply and submit here
Mail: Campus Village Communities
Attn: HR--CP Maintenance Technician
919 West University Drive Suite 700
Rochester, Michigan 48307
CVC currently owns, operates or has under construction, over 3,800 rental units in Michigan, Ohio and Texas. CVC aspires to be the premier multi-tenant student housing provider on a national level. Utilizing a proven methodology for property management and development, CVC continues to offer superior living space to both public and private colleges and universities. CVC strives to provide clean and safe learning communities at affordable rates.
CVC is an equal opportunity employer.