Whatever job you're looking for, you can probably find it at Cargill. Our diverse partnerships across a variety of industries mean countless career opportunities for you. It's your choice. It's your future. And you can make it happen at Cargill.
This position is part of Cargill's Grain and Oilseed business unit. We operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, transport and distribute grain and oilseeds around the world. Our Fayetteville, North Carolina, facility consists of two plants; soy bean crush plant and a refinery.
This is an excellent opportunity for qualified individuals interested in:
- Working in a team environment
- Competitive salary
- Incentive program
- Benefits package
As a Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Maintain optimum functionality for all plant equipment and systems by performing inspections, completing predictive and preventive maintenance measures (including data entry), repairing and modifying equipment and systems.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter work orders utilizing maintenance computer program.
- Operate safely within Cargill policy, procedures, and governmental regulations and fully participate in Cargill Safety programs (BBS, Safe Start, Feed Safety, etc.).
- Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of all facility departments, and work as a team member with a positive attitude.
- Work extended shifts, as necessary, including weekends and holidays, and take call-ins to make repairs.
*Relocation assistance will not be provided for this role
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to the basic use of and measuring of instruments/precision tools, fasteners, piping/fittings & valves, cutting and welding, packing/sealing/gasket products, air/steam traps, rotating shaft components, filtering media and rigging.
- Ability to work 8 hour shifts and extended shifts, including week-ends, holidays and on-call.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions as needed.
- Demonstrated self starter and high initiative.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good attendance record, communication skills and work ethic.
- Demonstrated computer skills including data entry and data retrieval.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs and work outside in all types of weather, climb ladders and work from heights.
- Ability to work in a potentially physically strenuous environment.
- Adequate transportation.
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party.