We are searching for a Maintenance Technician for a 291 unit student living apartment homes steps away from the University of Denver’s thriving campus. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting in all phases of apartment and property maintenance, including plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, electrical and heater maintenance, painting, and other duties, as assigned. This is a Monday through Friday Schedule and on-call responsibilities will be required.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to assist the Maintenance staff in the clean-up and trash maintenance of outside grounds
- Maintains a routine schedule that maximizes the appearance of all common areas, including laundry rooms, mail rooms, fitness center, business office, all accessible windows, outside benches and pool area
- Paints the interior hallways as needed
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make-ready repairs and services
- Reports any safety issues or property concerns to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws, EPA, and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered
- Supplies and maintains and orderly supply room
- Assists office staff with delivery of resident notices
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
- High School Diploma required
- 3+ years’ experience in general maintenance
- Working knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire protection and energy management system.
- Experience with computers, Windows (Word and Excel), Internet and email and other relevant applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of hand tools and maintenance procedures
- Basic craftsmen certifications required for carpentry, plumbing and electrical duties (electrical trouble shooting preferred)
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment)
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable customer-service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and time management skills
- Around moving machinery/equipment
- Exposed to variation in temperature &/or humidity
- Exposed to dust, fumes, gases, and chemicals
- Walks on uneven ground
- Works in confined quarters
- Works in an elevated work site
- Contact with water/liquids
- Uses special visual or auditory protective
- Must carry/lift loads of over 75 lbs
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling
Carmel Partners - 14 months ago