Carmel Rincon, our premier building in San Francisco’s financial district, is in need of a Maintenance Technician. This 320-unit luxury community boasts incredible view of the City and Bay, just steps from Embarcadero.
In brief summary, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing a multitude of tasks including light maintenance, cleaning, painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and other duties, as assigned. Ideal applicants will have previous general maintenance experience, excellent customer service skills and be HVAC certified with a strong attention to detail and an ability to work in a fast paced environment. Please note that this position requires some weekend working hours.
All team members at Carmel Partners, Inc. are expected to act as compelling representatives of the Company and champions of our Mission & Values.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to assist the Maintenance staff in the clean‐up and trash maintenance of outside grounds
- Maintains a routine schedule that maximizes the appearance of all common areas, including laundry rooms, mail rooms, fitness center, business office, all accessible windows, outside benches and pool area
- Paints the interior hallways as needed
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make‐ready repairs and services
- Reports any safety issues or property concerns to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Maintains thorough knowledge of pertinent laws, EPA, and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants
- Notifies Maintenance Supervisor when supplies need to be ordered
- Supplies and maintains and orderly supply room
- Assists office staff with delivery of resident notices
- Conducts all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g. OSHA, ADA, Fair Housing, etc.
- Participates in the on‐call rotation as designated by the Community Manager
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Candidates for this Position should hold the following qualifications and be able to demonstrate the following abilities to be considered as a suitable applicant. Please note that except where specified as “preferred,” all points listed below are considered minimum requirements.
Qualifications (Skills – technical and non‐technical):
- High School Diploma preferred
- 1+ years’ general maintenance experience
- Experience in residential community maintenance or related area preferred
- Valid driver’s license for state in which property is located
- Knowledge of hand tools and maintenance procedures
- Basic craftsmen certifications required for carpentry, plumbing and electrical duties
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical, vision, hearing, speaking, mental, driving requirements / work environment):
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication
- Demonstrable customer‐service orientation
- Strong attention to detail
- Good organization and time management skills
- Around moving machinery/equipment
- Exposed to variation in temperature &/or humidity
- Exposed to dust, fumes, gases, and chemicals
- Walks on uneven ground
- Works in confined quarters
- Works in an elevated work site
- Contact with water/liquids
- Uses special visual or auditory protective
- Must carry/lift loads of over 75 lbs
- Frequent sitting and walking
- Occasional squatting, bending neck/waist, twisting neck/waist, pushing and pulling
Carmel Partners - 30+ days ago