As a Maintenance technician at Caterpillar Inc., you will work on activities of the Maintenance Department associated with the repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in our facilities.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Performing and assisting in preventative maintenance for all Company equipment
* Inspect lift chains, hoists, switches, fire extinguishers, and other regulated equipment to assure compliance to OSHA and/or State laws and regulations
* Perform hydraulic repairs on equipment
* Trouble shoots equipment, locate problems, dismantle, repair, replace, reassemble or adjust all types of Company equipment
* Unloading and or moving equipment
* Assist in installation and adjustment of new equipment or relocated equipment
* Maintaining all records and submitting or preparing information for required reports relating to environmental issues including air, groundwater and chemical storage
* Work closely with the Purchasing and Receiving Departments to ensure compliance with MSDS labeling of hazardous materials
* Ensure that informational sheets are available for all substances in the work place
* Assist with the enforcement and compliance of all OSHA facility requirements
* Overtime maybe required for equipment breakdowns
* Works closely with all Maintenance Department employees and with production department managers to support plant-manufacturing needs
* Works closely with senior plant management to satisfy environmental compliance
* A tech school degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance or an equivalent combination of education and production maintenance experience
* Ability to read blue prints
* Read and use electronic test equipment
* Read electrical schematics
* Read and use hydraulic diagrams
* Ability to use a wide variety of measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, protractors, tachometers, feeler gauges and other precision tools
* Must have a well-rounded background in electrical and mechanical equipment such as wire feed and arc welders
* Production maintenance experience
Caterpillar's workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Relocation assistance is available for this job opening.
This job position is located in Prentice, WI.
Full time with Benefits
This job opening will close at midnight (CST) on July 31, 2013.
Jul 31, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Wisconsin-Prentice-PRENTICE01-CAT Forest Products WI
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 14 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...