Keep all equipment in good repair with a minimum of downtime by providing day-to-day maintenance of the hotel under the direction of Engineering Management. Continually work towards and support the improvement of engineering service to both guests and associates.
1) Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
2) Ability to learn new tasks.
3) Ability to read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
4) Read and understand blueprints, schematic drawings, and technical parts breakdown.
5) Carry out specific oral and written instructions.
6) Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information.
7) Ability to carry out hotel’s standards, policies and procedures with assigned staff.
8) Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
9) Ability to be a clear thinker in pressure situations and exercise good judgments.
10) Ability to focus attention on details, speed and accuracy.
11) Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
12) Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned
1. Train and instruct other members of the staff through sharing of knowledge and skills.
2. Operate as an independent mechanic by analyzing problems, identifying courses of action, and implementing solutions with available resources and to a high degree of quality.
3. Keep accurate completion and task records in the project files.
4. Set an example of continuous self-development.
5. Guest Rooms - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing, and electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners and cosmetic items.
6. Public Areas - plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment and cosmetic items.
7. Tools - to clean, lubricate, protect, and otherwise maintain all tools and equipment in the hotel. To see that all tools used are returned to the shop and secured in proper storage area. To protect and otherwise maintain your assigned tool pouch and its tools at the discretion of the Engineering Management.
8. Fire Alarm/Life Safety System - to monitor systems as necessary, to be fully informed of the system operation and to handle emergencies involving the systems. To have a working knowledge of fire sprinkler and emergency power systems.
9. Energy Conservation - to observe and analyze energy and utilities usage in the hotel and on the grounds. To look for ways to conserve energy and report any ideas to the Engineering Management.
10. Emergencies - to be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect our guests and associates, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency. To act as quickly and responsibly as possible to return the building to its normal operating status. To inform Engineering Management of any such emergencies.
11. Accident Prevention and Safety - to be aware of all existing departmental Job Safety Analysis and to strive to work in an accident-free manner and to create a safe work environment for others. To continuously look for conditions which may endanger associates or guests of the hotel and to take immediate action to correct any hazardous conditions found.
12. Records - to read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units. To maintain a thorough log of each day’s activities and problems that occur and to ensure this information is passed on to other shifts.
13. Departmental Duties - to clean all engineering areas as directed by Engineering Management. To work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. To serve as otherwise directed or needed to help maintain the effective and efficient operation of the hotel. This assignment shall be at the discretion of Engineering Management or the hotel General Manager.
14. General - Complete all work assigned in a safe and professional manner. Maintain communications with supervisors to ensure that all needed materials, tools, and supplies are available or on order. Follow up on any items that may be on back order. Keep supervisor updated on assignments. Provide training and technical advice to other engineers as needed or requested.
15. Maintains a working knowledge of all federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
16. Maintains a professional image at all times.
17. Maintains the hotel facility and related equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
18. Provides for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
19. Performs other duties as assigned by Engineering Supervisor and/or Chief Engineer/Manager.
20. Reads, learns, understands, and refers to the Standard Operating Procedures.
21. Each associate will be required to follow the rules as found in the Marriott/Concord Hospitality Associate Handbook.
22. Report to work on time and in full uniform.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
Please see above
Concord Hospitality delivers exceptional returns by franchising brands with strong consumer appeal, creating outstanding Guest experiences...