The target Maintenance candidate is responsible for personal leadership in the areas of engineering and maintenance functions and ensuring proper preventive maintenance of physical plant and all CSD operating equipment, electrical troubleshooting, minimizing equipment downtime to provide maximum production capacity, and compliance with all Food Safety (FDA/HACCP) and OSHA regulations. Additionally, working with the Plant Manager and other maintenance personnel to keep within budget and properly staffed. The maintenance candidate also works closely with continuous improvement and safety program activities.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic equipment, conveyor systems, and production machines used in the beverage industry; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 3-5 years experience in mechanical maintenance and/ or related skilled trades.
- Associates degree or two years of technical training with state of the art maintenance practices preferred.
- Experience using basic hand tools and power hand tools.
- Excellent communication from explaining equipment to operators on the floor to presenting recommendations for continuing plant and process improvement to management.
- Solid Mechanical and Electrical background.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- This position requires an ability to read, interpret, and understand technical documents and drawings of plant process equipment.
- Computer and PLC skills with an understanding of how to read and program ladder logic.
Cott Beverages - 20 months ago