Viox Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., offers a complete package of facilities services from grounds and preventative maintenance to construction services and integrated facility management.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: Viox Services has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician at our client site in Tysons Corner, Virginia. This position performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs commercial property by self-performing or coordinating subcontracting of the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Receives verbal instructions from client or dispatcher. Generates or receives CMMS work orders.
· Performs preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
· Maintains and repairs buildings' electrical systems, including replacing worn or defective parts such as switches and fuses.
· Maintains and repairs plumbing systems.
· Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings.
· Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, generally touch ups and repairs
· Performs small projects as assigned.
· May operate snow removal equipment to maintain sidewalks and parking areas.
· Operate scissor or boom lifts for light fixture maintenance.
· May perform landscape maintenance.
· Keeps facilities clean in appearance, removing trash as required.
· Communicates effectively with client to determine and service needs.
· Contacts and requests other personnel or subcontractor support as required.
· Coordinates and supervises helpers and other support while on site.
· Completes and submits paperwork accurately and on time.
· Works required hours. Is available during non-work hours as needed and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner.
· High School graduate or G.E.D. is required. Associates degree or equivalent from two-year technical trade school is highly preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of relative maintenance and mechanical experience strongly preferred.
· Experience working with CMMS systems or ability to learn quickly is required.
· Must be willing and able to maintain a flexible work schedule – days, evenings, weekends, and emergencies.
· Must possess a valid state driver’s license in good standing.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
Emcor - 13 months ago
Electrical and mechanical construction is at the core of EMCOR Group. One of the world's largest specialty construction firms, EMCOR...