JOB NARRATIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate
- Valid drivers license and insured operable vehicle
- Preferred experience in residential property management, hotel maintenance, construction, electrical, plumbing,
- May be required to provide and maintain own tools
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English
NOTE: If the job duties require the use of a respirator, the candidate must be Medically Fit for Duty, Cleared to Wear a Respirator, and able to comply with FPI’s Facial Hair Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide a daily, as well as a preventative, maintenance program to ensure the most economical, proper
and safe condition of the property.
a. Assist with the inspection of the property and all common areas each morning, to detect maintenance
problems that require attention.
b. Complete maintenance requests within 24 hours.
c. Change all air-conditioning filters at least every six months and upon apartment turnover.
d Follow a preventative maintenance schedule.
2. Serve as on-call maintenance providing evening, weekends and holiday emergency service.
3. Respond to after hours requests for lockout services.
4. Perform repairs on vacant apartments to ensure proper operating conditions and appearance upon move-in.
5. Paint all vacant apartments (if applicable).
6. Secure, repair and maintain any equipment owned by the apartment community.
7. Wear any uniform that is provided during work hours.
8. Provide all small hand tools necessary to perform routine maintenance (when applicable).
9. Comply with all FPI policies and procedures.
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Community Director.