THIS POSITION IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING IN KILGORE, TEXAS
**PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION IS OPEN FOR DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY. FEE-BASED AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.**
CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING TO WORK A MONTHLY ROTATION BETWEEN FIRST AND SECOND SHIFT!
Perform maintenance activities on various pieces of production equipment and make facilities repairs.
Install, maintain & troubleshoot industrial mechanical drive systems.
Install, maintain & troubleshoot industrial fluid drive systems.
Install, maintain & troubleshoot industrial electrical control systems.
Install, fabricate & repair industrial equipment.
Perform preventative maintenance.
Practice industrial safety.
Assists other maintenance personnel.
De-ices walkways and steps.
Welds and cuts metals.
Performs carpentry work.
Make repairs on plumbing and clogged drains
Performs service on air conditioning and heating units.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Complies with all General Dynamics policies, procedures.
Completes maintenance repairs in a timely manner with the least amount of interruption to production equipment, while maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Completes all documentation in a timely manner.
Experience and Education
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum five years experience in industrial maintenance.
- Or two years experience and completion of an approved industrial maintenance program.
- Other specialized training/education may be considered.
Must be able to travel < 5% of the time
- Mechanical Skills:
- Gears, belts & chain drives.
- Bearings & lubrication
- Machine leveling & alignment
- Gaskets & seals
- Fluid Systems Skills:
- Layout, cutting, threading & installation of piping systems.
- Knowledge of fluid circuits & valving.
- Hydraulic pump operation.
- Electrical Skills:
- Knowledge of components.
- Able to identify & work with voltages up to 480.
- Conduit bending & running wire.
- Interpretation of wiring diagrams.
- Troubleshoot electrical power & control systems.
- Install motors. Understand motor protection.
- PLC maintenance.
- Industrial Equipment Skills:
- Interpretation of drawings/instructions.
- Follow procedures/instructions carefully & accurately.
- Applicable mechanical & electrical skills.
- Operate various pieces of equipment; fork truck, man lift, ect.
- Holds valid Texas drivers license.
- Reading comprehension skills to understand work orders and written instructions, technical manuals, and parts catalogs.
- Math skills to perform basic calculations.
- Transcription skills to enter information into records and logs or repair and maintenance activities.
- Oral communication skills for routing and technical information exchange with co-workers, supervisors, or other personnel.
- Skill in using hand signals.
- Ability to plan and coordinate maintenance and repair activities.
- Manual and finger dexterity.
- Eye-hand coordination, depth perception.
- Ability to see things clearly that are beyond arm's reach
- Ability to see small detail
- Ability to climb 30 feet on ladder without resting
- Ability to maintain balance on catwalks and narrow work spaces
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work under time pressure.
This position requires operation of motorized vehicle.
This position requires the operation of a company or customer-owned motorized vehicle.
No Clearance Required
Relationships and Contacts:
Machines and Equipment Involved:
- Must maintain good working relationship with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must maintain General Dynamic†s standards of integrity when dealing with outside vendors and customers.
Other conditions not mentioned above:
- Tractors, fork trucks, cranes, service vehicles.
- Drill, drill press, power saws, power tools, and air tools.
- Hand tools (hammers, various wrenches, come-alongs) screwdrivers
- Measuring devices (calipers and tape measure).
- Leveling transit.
- Mechanical operating equipment and parts.
- Safety glasses and shoes are required at all times.
- Personal Protective Equipment must be worn where required.
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 13 months ago
General Dynamics C4 Systems specializes in command and control, communications networking, rugged computing, information assurance and cyber...