The maintenance role is responsible for maintaining, upgrading and modifying all equipment including current production equipment and future program equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot plastic injection molding equipment.
- Troubleshoot support equipment including, but not limited to, material feed systems, water cooling and delivery systems, baggers, heat staking and sonic welding equipment, lift trucks, box taping machines, conveyors, stretch wrapping and shrink wrapping equipment, and other support equipment.
- Electrical, hydraulic and mechanical repairs to equipment.
- Maintenance of equipment inventory and repair records.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment.
- Assist with or perform repairs to the facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Comply with all Plastic Trends Employee Conduct and Work Rules
- Comply with all policies contained in the Employee Handbook.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read assembly and part drawings, and electrical and hydraulic controls schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Valid Forklift License issued by Plastic Trends.
- Minimum Associates Degree or equivalent experience and technical training.
- Must have 3 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in plastic injection molding.
- Knowledge of MIOSHA standards applicable to a manufacturing operation.
Must be physically able to perform all tasks and duties as described throughout this job description; ability to bend, stoop and carry heavy objects weighing up to 40 pounds. Sufficiently mobile to function in a shop floor environment that includes the ability to crawl, kneel, lift, pull, sit, stand and walk for shifts up to 12 hours. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Axiall - 13 months ago