Assists in providing preventative and ongoing maintenance of Center facility, grounds and systems.
MANAGEMENT AND SUPERVISION:
May supervise Job Corps Work-Based Learning and Leisure Time Student Employees assigned to the department.
- Performs repair and preventive maintenance to facility and building systems on Center.
- May inspect the work of other maintenance personnel.
- Researches and recommends purchase of replacement equipment as needed.
- May be asked to oversee the training activities of students assigned to the maintenance area.
- May be asked to oversee the activities and quality of performance of outside contractors performing repairs and/or replacement of equipment.
- Conducts periodic inspections of building systems and equipment to ensure working quality.
- May coordinate activities with the Facilities Maintenance vocational training program.
- Physical requirements include sitting, standing, climbing, walking, lifting, pulling and/or pushing, carrying, reaching, stooping and crouching.
- Completes work orders as assigned in a timely manner.
- Provides student transport as necessary.
- Produces quality work/assignments in a thorough, timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains appropriate personal attendance, accountability and work productivity standards.
- Plans, prioritizes and organizes assignments to meet established goals and deadlines.
- Understands and applies job knowledge to effectively complete all required job responsibilities. Proactively maintains the skills required to perform job duties.
- Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- Provides quality services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of requisite services.
- Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action and that problems are in fact corrected.
- Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director/Center Duty Officer/Shift Manager to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Minimum one year experience in building maintenance required. Technical certificate preferred. Working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical systems, HVAC systems, boilers and other building systems preferred. Must possess a valid in-State Drivers License and meet Company insurability requirements.
CareerBuilder - 5 months ago