Supervision: Shift Supervisor, Maintenance Manager
Position(s) Supervised: None
The primary function of this position is to maintain Zecchetti Palletisers, repair and troubleshoot the Blow Molding production, support and utility equipment including machines and systems. . This position requires the ability to pass a general aptitude test.
1. Second most skilled maintenance specialist in the facility. Performs skilled maintenance operations including mechanics, hydraulics, electronics, pneumatics, welding, machining, etc.
- Performs skilled maintenance tasks on blow molding, packaging equipment. To include Zecchetti palletisers and conveying systems.
- Must use the various testing devices in each area to troubleshoot and/or measure function in each area.
· Must be familiar with and be able to properly use the correct basic maintenance tools (screwdrivers, hand wrenches, socket wrenches, pipe wrenches, pliers, hammers, chisels, air tools, saws, grinders, drills, etc.) plus all of the tools required to work in each area
2. Has basic machine shop skills
- Operates drill presses, machine tools, tool and die equipment, etc. to rebuild or form parts according to specifications.
- Perform mig, tig and arc welding.
3. Has basic electronics skills and an understanding of solid state processors to the I/O level.
4. Performs all the job and skills that a Maintenance I performs when needed.
5. Reads maintenance manuals, schematics, drawings, parts manuals, catalogs and other maintenance literature.
6. Maintains maintenance logs, records and other documentation required on the equipment.
7. Operates forklift, man lift and other materials-handling or people-elevating equipment as needed.
8. Supports production maintenance needs.
- Remains willing and able to shift job priorities as required by production needs and schedules.
- May be required to work on more than one job at a time.
9. Maintains the shop and all supplies and equipment as well as individual work areas around equipment in a neat and orderly manner
10. Understands and practices all aspects of industrial maintenance safety.
- Communicates observed safety, production and quality problems to supervisor
- Follows all policies/procedures of facility lockout/tagout and hazardous energy control programs.
- Wears all appropriate PPE including steel-toed shoes, gloves, hair net, safety glasses, goggles, face shield, welding safety equipment, chemical protective clothing, etc.
11. Perform other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
5+ years experience required
Graham Packaging - 17 months ago
People can't keep their hands off Graham Packaging. Graham designs, manufactures, and sells blow-molded plastic containers for a slew...