Manufacturing Maintenance Technician-Electrical/Mechanical Tech
Graphic Packaging International, Inc.
Valley Forge, PA
We are seeking a cooperative and self-motivated Manufacturing Maintenance Technician to perform preventive and reactive maintenance on all operational and facility equipment and ensure that our converting equipment and presses run constantly. As a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with Graphic Packaging, the successful candidate:
- Evaluate malfunctions and troubleshoot equipment and systems issues during our night shift,
- participate in manufacturing process improvement initiatives,
- establish standard operating procedures,
- perform repairs and implement technical solutions,
- complete specialized and technical repair activities on presses and converting equipment,
- diagnose and solve technical, engineering and electronic problems and malfunctions for a variety of PLCs and other related equipment,
- conduct training programs for employees in troubleshooting and performing repair work on presses and converting equipment,
- use safety glasses, hearing protection, gloves, welding and other person protective equipment when necessary, and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
As a Manufacturing Maintenance Technician with Graphic Packaging, the successful candidate must be expert and proficient in the evaluation of engineering, technical, mechanical and electrical problems and be able to develop and implement corrective solutions. In addition, the successful candidate must: possess strong time management skills; demonstrate effective judgment and sound decision-making skills; strive for excellence at all times; manage multiple complicated projects, priorities and technical challenges; interpret hydraulic, pneumatic and basic electrical blueprints and machine schematics; have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; be absolutely committed to working safely; demonstrate expert electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills; work effectively with vendors, customers and other employees in a team environment; and have prompt and regular work attendance.
Additional requirements for the Manufacturing Maintenance Technician include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent with manufacturing experience
- Minimum 5 years related manufacturing, fabrication/machine shop, electrical and PLC experience
- Experience working with mechanical equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic valves, cylinders, pumps, motors and motor controls, variable frequency drives, contactors, breakers and PLC controls
- Basic electrical background (12 v to 480 v) and experience with 3 phase electric troubleshooting
- Experience with welding, burning, pipe fitting and fabrication
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn, navigate and use all proprietary company and equipment software
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA codes and standards, National Electrical Codes and machine shop techniques
- Ability to perform heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds) and move equipment, work from ladders and heights and work around electricity and in tight spaces
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Ever toted a 12-pack home? If so, you can appreciate Graphic Packaging Holding Company's (GPHC) work. Operating subsidiary Graphic...