This position performs manual and semi-skilled work in the care of property and equipment. The maintenance worker reports to the Director of Maintenance. This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours a week.
1. Mows lawns and trims trees; paints and makes structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, and furnishings of buildings and similar structures; maintains and repairs buildings and similar structures; maintains and repairs building utility systems such as electric wiring and controls, heating, ventilating systems; maintains and repairs plumbing systems; repairs the contents of the various buildings.
2. Provides maintenance and repair to any and all items that make up the physical plant and to any and all contents within the physical plant.
3. Secures, loads, and hauls tools, materials, and supplies to the work site.
4. Utilizes power and hand tools that are normally associates with painting, carpentry, plumbing, heating, electrical, and masonry work.
5. Climbs ladders to any height in order to maintain and repair items within the physical plant.
6. Services and operates gasoline and diesel driven vehicles, such as automobiles, trucks, tractors, road graders, and other heavy equipment.
7. Performs on-call maintenance and repair duties on weekends and/or holidays whenever deemed necessary by the Director of Maintenance or Regional Vice President.
8. Any other duties as assigned for the betterment of Great Circle.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Preferably several years of experience performing a variety of maintenance activities.
3. Ability to use a variety of power and hand tools, including painters, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and mason's tools.
4. Ability to move 50 pounds; ability to climb a 26 foot ladder in 30 seconds.
5. Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
6. Possess a current, valid driver's license and meet the Great Circle requirements for insurance.
Great Circle is the largest child welfare agency in Missouri with campuses in St. Louis, Columbia, Springfield, St. James and service...