Herman & Kittle Properties is seeking a Maintenance Technician. This may sound like a job you've done before, but this is more than just a job-it's a chance to work with a challenge-oriented and dedicated team of people, to take advantage of great benefits, and to work for a growing, healthy organization.
Why you'll be proud to work at Herman & Kittle Properties
At HKP, we hold three values dear: Culture, Community and Commitment. We call them "The 3 C's" and we strive to make sure our work reflects these values.
· Culture: As a team, we add value to the work we do in a competitive environment. Our employees seek to learn and gain new skills through coaching, professional development, and continuous improvement.
· Community: We define our community as the HKP family, customers, neighborhoods, and partners. We will have a positive effect on each community in which we work.
· Commitment: We set clear goals and objectives; then, we persevere. Regardless of the challenge, we face it together. This may mean working after hours, extensive negotiations, or creative solutions, but we see it through to the end.
Sound like a company you'd like to be involved with?
Are you ready to take on the challenge and achieve success?
Then let's talk about why you'll like doing this work.
The Maintenance Technician helps the property achieve success by keeping the buildings and grounds in good condition and by providing excellent customer service to residents. You'll find this job appealing because you will:
· Monitor maintenance expenses and ensure that they are below budget.
· Perform an inspection of community grounds each morning.
· Perform turn (painting, cleaning, and maintenance) of all vacant units.
· Complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner.
· Prepare all vacant units for occupancy.
· Complete preventative maintenance activities.
· Maintain landscaping, bushes, trees and lawn.
· Perform snow removal of community sidewalks.
· Maintain log of weather and snow removal efforts.
· Maintain records of maintenance performed in all units and at the site.
· Maintain all tools, equipment and replacement parts in working condition.
· Sweep, clean and maintain all common areas of the community.
· Supervise contractors working at the site.
· Provide emergency resident support after office hours.
· Maintain resident and specific apartment preventative maintenance records.
· Provide service and maintenance for all common amenities.
· Conduct quarterly unit inspections.
If this sounds like the job for you, then let's look at what makes you the person for us.
As we review candidates for this role, we'll be looking for these qualifications:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· 1 year of experience
· HVAC/EPA certification preferred
· Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
· Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide by 10s and 100s.
· Reasoning Skills - Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions with common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems that involve few variables in standardized situations.
· Computer Skills - Beginner skills with MS Outlook and MS Word.
HOW YOU'LL BE REWARDED
We provide training to help you succeed!
Herman & Kittle Properties also offers a competitive compensation package, bonus potential, health benefits (medical, vision, and dental), life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
And don't plan to be bored in this job. There is never a dull moment at Herman & Kittle!
More about Herman & Kittle Properties
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. (HKP) is the successor to companies that have been around since 1948, and has developed and managed multi-family homes for over 60 years. We develop, build, manage and own multi-family rental housing and self-storage facilities. HKP has developed and managed properties in nine states including high-quality apartment complexes and self-storage facilities throughout the Midwest and the Gulf Region. We currently manage a portfolio of over 100 properties, including over 8,000 apartment homes and over 12,000 self-storage units.
Herman and Kittle Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard