The Maintenance Technician assists the Maintenance Supervisor with administration, and also performs maintenance work orders. On smaller communities, the Maintenance Supervisors may oversee Maintenance Technicians directly. Maintenance Technicians perform a variety of responsibilities, including work orders, grounds and common area clean up and maintenance, and maintaining good resident relations.
- Working knowledge of electric, plumbing, HVAC and basic construction.
- A general mechanical aptitude combined with a willingness and desire to learn.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and / or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc
- 2 years ago - save job