As a Maintenance Technician, responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To: Assist electrician, Heavy Industrial- Installs, connects, tests, maintains and repairs electrical systems. Fitter Welder- fits up and welds assemblies and subassemblies consisting of a variety of carbon steel shapes. Machinist- operates a variety of metal working equipment to repair worn or broken parts and/or to manufacture replacement parts from various metals. Millwright- Installs, repairs, replaces, dismantles and reassembles machinery and heavy equipment. |
•Ability to operate the following plant equipment: fork lift, hand cutting torch, pendant jib, overhead cranes. •Ability to use the following hand or powered hand tools: caulking gun, drill, file, gear puller, grease gun, grinder, hammer, chain & strap puller/hoist (come-along), jack, level, pliers, saw, screwdriver, thread chasers & tappers, wire crimper & stripper and wrench. •Ability to add, subtract and multiply whole numbers, decimals and fractions. •Ability to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa. •Ability to use the following measuring tools: tape measure, steel rule, square. •Must be able to concentrate and maintain productivity in high pressure situations. •Must be able to work without close supervision. •Responsible for providing error-free work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Work with outside contractors.
- Will be on call as needed.
- Performs building repairs.
- Maintains building by painting, cleaning floors, dumping trash, trimming trees, controlling weeds, snow removal, cleaning all areas in the building, cutting up pallets and any other general custodial duties.
- May help direct work performed by Facilities Technician.
- Repairs and maintains automobiles and trucks.
- Attend technical schools and other training events as needed to maintain skills necessary to safely fulfill their responsibilities.
- Helps maintain the maintenance software.
- Works with all other departments as needed.
- Rigs machinery to be moved.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Observes and listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discusses machine operation variations with supervisors, machine operators or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem or repair machine.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections in machine performance.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, and maintains pipe systems and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, and repairs and replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators, and related equipment.
- Repairs and maintains physical structure of establishment.
- Operates cutting torch or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines.
- Drills and breaks up concrete.
- Digs trenches for machinery foundations.
- Fabricates and repairs counters, benches, partitions, and other wooden structures.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment.
- Performs other routine duties.