Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for performing diversified simple-to-intermediate duties to install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of Plymouth’s Urethane Technology Center (UTC) Foam Lab business goals and objectives.
• Perform simple –to-intermediate duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
• Provide assistance for emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
• Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
• Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
• Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
• Perform regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
• Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
• Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
• Participate in Mold Change activities.
• Authority to stop production in the event unsafe part or conditions appear.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor and/or Manager, which may be outside the scope of responsibilities noted above.
- Requires a high school diploma/GED and experience in Industrial Maintenance, or an equivalent number of years of education.
- 5+yrs automotive Technician experience, corporate lab, preferred.
- Hands-on experience with HVAC, preferred.
- Some knowledge of PLC.
- Demonstrated mechanical abilities to repair, trouble and preventative maintenance of machinery.
- Usage of MSOffice.
Johnson Controls - 30+ days ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...