Langley Rentals is hiring for a full time Maintenance Technician. You must live within 20 minutes from Lynchburg College and be able to share on-call duty. A clean driving record is required. No DUI’s in the last 5 years and pass a criminal check and credit check.
Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently. Able to use all types of hand tools, do snow removal, use extension ladders, lift 50 lbs. or more and be able to be on your feet 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week and more as needed. Experience is required in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliance repair, drywall repair and a variety of maintenance skills. Complete apartment turnover process in a timely manner, while running daily work orders. Able to maintain a professional courteous manner with residents, vendors, and co-workers.
Starting rate of pay $12- $13 based on experience, plus a bonus that ranges from $2,000 to $3,000 per year. Langley Rentals also offers a generous benefits package to all of our employees.
These benefits include:
- 20% rent reduction at select Langley Rentals communities
- Paid holidays - approximately seven holidays that fall on a weekday
- Life Insurance - $15,000 policy at no charge to employee
- Health Insurance - company pays $200 per month of premium toward the coverage chosen by
employee (i.e. single, couple, family)
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA) - company matches up to 3% of gross pay
- Five paid vacation days after six months, with the potential for up to fifteen paid vacation days per
- Overtime pay, which accrues faster if you are "on-call" during a holiday week
- Uniforms provided for Maintenance Technicians
- 7.65% donation to your Social Security health insurance for retirement
**Please note that some of these benefits do not apply until after three months of continuous, full-time employment. Paid vacation days are available after six months of continuous, full-time employment.
Apply at County Green Apartments, off McConville Road, 401 Kerry Lane, Suite A, Lynchburg VA 24502. Monday-Friday from 9:00am- 4:30pm. Be prepared to fill out the application on site and take a test. Plan on about 30 minutes. NO PHONE CALLS.