Reports to Facilities Manager or designated Supervisor. Communicates with staff regarding agency buildings and grounds repairs. Reads work orders, prioritizes and communicates with supervisor appropriately. Provides skilled craft services, i.e., HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and security systems, appliance repair, carpentry, key/lock maintenance, etc. Physically assists in office equipment relocation and pick up of donated goods. Drives agency vehicles/vans. Extensive lifting, bending stretching, climbing required.
electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and appliances. Performs carpentry and painting projects.
- Through use of trained skills/certification, repairs a variety of equipment including HVAC,
assigned by supervisor.
- Plans daily routine to ensure area is maintained in accordance with the Agency's standards.
- With approval and within guidelines of supervisor and purchasing procedures, may purchase parts required for department and project needs.
- Provides assistance to supervisor or other maintenance staff on other projects which may be
electrical, mechanical systems and appliances.
- Services equipment on preventive maintenance program including maintenance of HVAC,
with clients and staff.
- Performs physical tasks including loading trucks, moving furniture, etc., as assigned.
- May oversee, on an as-needed basis, the work duties of other Facilities Personnel.
- May serve as lead contact person with other departments/units on maintenance issues.
- Recommends to Facilities Manager purchase of equipment or major repair services.
- Interacts in an appropriate manner in a culturally diverse environment when in contact
- Participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement activities as assigned.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Performs on call weekend duties as scheduled.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Must be 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent plus five years' experience in related work.
- Universal certification
- HVAC and electrical certifications are preferred
- Valid Illinois driver's license
- No history of child abuse or neglect
- Reasonable proficiency in use of spreadsheet, word processing and electronic mail software
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform essential functions of the job, including extensive bending, kneeling, stretching, climbing, and lifting at least 75-100 pounds
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!!!