We have the following opening in the Lipscomb University Facilities Department:
Position: Maintenance Technician – 2 nd Shift
Reports to: Building Engineer Supervisor
Primary Function: Provide routine inspection and maintenance repair service to campus buildings. Provide first response for all routine repairs. Contact the appropriate designated service specialist when appropriate to request response to need(s) not covered by Maintenance Technicians. Ensure completion of repairs made by designated specialist. Perform maintenance as assigned and where need is observed. Duties may include any combination of the following.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Education: High school diploma required.
- Electrical: Repair or replace lights, ballasts, receptacles, and switches. Replace fuses, locate and reset breakers; fix other electrical problems.
- Plumbing: Replace flush valves, flappers, plunge and auger slow or clogged drains. Rebuild faucets; respond to complaints concerning plumbing problems.
- Carpentry: Repair drawers, closet doors, room doors and fix other minor wood working needs.
- HVAC: Repair leaking units. Determine cause of heat/cooling problems. Maintain familiarity with computer operations of HVAC systems.
- Glass: Install small glass and plexiglass pieces in doors and dorm rooms.
- Ceiling and Tile: Cut and replace acoustic tiles in dorms and repair bath tile.
Experience: At least two (2) years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Job Related Skills:
Availability: Accepting applications immediately
- Ability to perform general maintenance repairs.
- Ability to identify items in need of repair.
- Determine appropriate resource to contact if expertise is needed.
Our aim is to make the application process as convenient as possible for you. The
Lipscomb University - 16 months ago