This position is for Magna Seating Detroit, a division of Magna Seating.
Magna Seating is an innovative leader in the development and manufacture of high quality complete seating systems, seat structure and mechanism solutions as well as foam & trim products for the global automotive industry. Our capabilities range from market and consumer research, full concept development, design and engineering, testing and validation to world-class manufacturing.
Magna Seating Detroit (MSD) is a world-class assembler of seats for Chrysler, Ford and GM.
Under general supervision, responsible for performing highly diversified duties to set-up, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety and productive maintenance systems and processes.
• Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
• Performs emergency/unscheduled repairs on machines, equipment and plant facilities during production.
• Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
• Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required repairs, maintenance and service.
• Diagnoses problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments on machines and equipment.
• Performs a variety of electrical, plumbing and carpentry functions.
• Completes hot work permits.
• Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company's safety policies and procedures.
Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Competencies
Working knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and carpentry functions. Demonstrated ability to operate hand and power tools; and shop tools including lathe, bridgeport and bandsaw. Good communication and time management skills; takes the initiative; and works well in a team environment
Magna - 13 months ago
Through its various subsidiaries and divisions, Magna International makes just about everything needed to put together a motor vehicle....