The Technicians are system experts in their assigned area, and are highly functional in multiple areas. The Technicians must also ensure efficiency, operational conformance, product quality and continuous improvement. Functions as a member of a maintenance area team which is directly responsible for the efficient maintenance of a group of assets to a baseline state. Effectively troubleshoot Operate/change over specified machinery in the assigned area. This job requires Strong Communication, Interpersonal and Team Building skills to support site objectives.
Performs all assigned activities & job tasks within a line or area
• Ability to Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Takes corrective actions in solving problems to root cause level.
• Able to assess equipment operating reliability and perform routine repairs, adjustments and malfunction troubleshooting.
• Performs equipment PM's as assigned.
• Knowledge of how to maintain accurate records of QC checks, production numbers or waste performance. Able to interpret this data and use in troubleshooting. Able to perform this function if necessary.
• Knowledge of how to perform and interpret QC tasks such as metal checks, inspection of date codes, item numbers, dump logs, etc.
• High degree of ownership for product quality:
• Able to operate a forklift.
• Able to operate a computer and utilize the basic standard desktop systems (LSS, PSL, MIS, SQCIS, etc.).
• Understands principles of inventory control.
• Has knowledge of the plant's products and goals.
• Understands production schedules, production computer systems, work instructions
• Has general knowledge of Mars & the systems used by the business.
• Duties and tasks are frequently nonroutine. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels.
Self-Development: Ability to learn additional skills and develop in role with additional responsibilities.
• Conflict Management: Can handle tough situations and equitably resolve conflict with colleageues
• Dealing w/ Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change and comfortably handle risk & uncertainity
• Integrity & Trust: Is widely trusted by colleagues
Team Work Accountabilities
Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment, taking initiative with team along with other team members to train, motivate and solve problems.
• Demonstrated ability for communication, verbally and written, along with good listening and organizing skills.
• Participates in and supports the team with a "pro-team" attitude. Works well with others and has good team skills.
• Shows initiative in self and team development, is reliable, uses time wisely and is willing to accept change.
Complete work under safe operating procedures.
• Provide input to any investigation for area of responsibility.
• Provide input as appropriate regarding safety.
• Ensure working conditions are Normal and enforce safety requirements.
• Provide input to project safety reviews (SSEPR) on systems in area.
Implement Continuous Improvement
Drive continuous improvement by developing and implementing systems that optimize all phases of the manufacturing process and support key business objectives (waste, labour, reliability, ATS, line capacity, etc.).
• Provide input to feasibility and change management requests.
• Resource to other sites and across areas
Equipment Maintenance and Sanitation
Identify, report and help any potential product contamination issue.
• Maintains clean work environment including 5S adherence and follow through to ensure completion of action plans to address sources of contamination.
• Support role in cleaning and sanitation of area.
Responsible for supporting changeover (planning, execution, ramp up to standard rate).
• Responsible for insuring complete and current troubleshooting documentation on equipment within area of responsibility.
• Safely execute start-up and shutdown activities.
Recognized expert for maintenance
Ability to troubleshoot routine and non-routine issues and be a resource towards achieving safe, timely, cost efficient solutions.
• Develop best practices for area and insure best practices are followed.
• Lead or participate in continuous improvement efforts.
• Effective shift communications. Attends and participates in maintenance issues in shift overlaps, quality reviews, and daily meetings as required.
• Ability to complete root cause failure analysis on issues involving reliability, product/packaging defects, downtime and slow time.
• Effectively works and communicates with all departments (scheduling, engineering, R&D, IE, logistics, operations, etc.).
• Demonstrate a strong ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
• Be multi-tasked/multi-skilled
• Some travel possible (training, etc.)
• Must maintain computer skills for entering work orders, and e-mail.
• Must be able to lift a maximum of 25 kg
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Perform repetitive movements
• Knowledge of Operator Interface Terminals (OIT)
• Must be willing to work rotating shifts
• CMMS Training
• Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and all scheduled shutdowns
• Must have strong communication skills
• Must have the understanding of GMP’s, HACCP and ISO
• Advanced mechanical aptitude
• Advanced analytical thinking
• Advanced training skills
• Knowledge of Sensory Evaluations
• Must meet all job specific education requirements as deemed necessary
• Associate Degree or equivalent training is considered a plus.
Must meet all job specific education requirements as deemed necessary
3 years in a production support or maintenance support role and/or 2 year technical degree
High school diploma or GED education
Must be 18 years or older
Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules; including weekends and holidays.
Successful completion of a drug and background screen
Education could be substituted for work experience.
4+ years of experience in maintenance role.
Associates degree or the completion of an apprentice program is desirable.
Proficiency in (software packages)
Associates degree or equivalent training
Knowledge of sensory evaluations
Experience using Wonderware and ControlLogix
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars - 16 months ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...