McKinstry's success isn't a matter of fate or luck. It's the natural consequence of our commitment to innovation...how we support our employees...the unique truly integrated way we deliver...the long-term relationships we forge with our clients...and our unwavering commitment to creating buildings that are good to their owners, occupants, and the environment. Innovation runs on ideas, which can come from anywhere. Projects at McKinstry are not owned by individuals or departments, but by all of us, which is why it's common to see new employees from one discipline collaborating with 30-year veterans from another.
Established in 1960, McKinstry is a full-service design, build, operate and maintain (DBOM) firm with over 1,600 employees. McKinstry"s professional staff and trades people deliver consulting, construction, energy, and facility services. As an early adopter of the DBOM process, the company advocates collaborative and sustainable solutions that are designed to ensure occupant comfort, improve systems efficiency, reduce facility operational costs, and ultimately optimize client profitability for the life of their building. While we are well known for our expertise in design build delivery, our full service offerings of mechanical, electrical, data and plumbing have been the hallmark of our success.
We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join the team as a member of our growing Facility Management division. This person will be responsible for:
Maintain Building Systems
- Perform predictive and preventative maintenance on mechanical and building systems, including HVAC pumps, motors, valves, and chilled water distribution systems including chillers and cooling towers, filter changes, belt changes, equipment cleaning and equipment painting
- Assist with ancillary building systems necessary to keep systems operating at peak performance with minimal downtime
- Receive direction from Lead Facility Engineer or Facility Manager
- Maintain facility equipment as indicated by preventative maintenance plan
- Provide general building maintenance and perform routine maintenance tasks
- Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend upgrades
- Order parts and supplies for maintenance and repairs
- Forward high level technical maintenance to appropriate resource
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Respond to customer service requests in a timely manner
- Monitor service requests in work order management system
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills and maintain positive and professional working relationship with internal and external clients
- Respond to off hour emergency calls
- Work with vendors and contractors to oversee and ensure work meets McKinstry standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to read blueprints/CAD drawing preferred.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One to two (1-2) years experience in commercial or industrial environment with increasing responsibility for managing daily building operations.
- Experience with HVAC system maintenance is preferred.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
- Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
- Ability to work at heights and from ladders.
- Ability to regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Respond to off hour emergency calls.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
McKinstry is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within McKinstry who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct
supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.
McKinstry - 2 years ago
For over five decades, McKinstry has been creating and maintaining buildings that keep tenants comfortable and bottom lines healthy. And...