Position Title |
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group.
We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
The selected candidate will:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Assume the role and responsibilities of all Mebane Plant equipment working in a safe and efficient manner.
- Work with production and maintenance team to achieve quality products and maintain production on all equipment.
- Install new and upgrade equipment as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair all equipment to keep production going in a timely manner.
- Assist with inventory to identify parts and new parts to prevent minimum breakdown or machine downtime
- Performs preventive and operational maintenance to ensure a functional and safe environment
- Maintains records of all work completed, time spent, and materials used.
To be considered for this position, the successful candidate must:
- Possess a technical (Mechanical/Machinist) certificate or degree and/or at least five years of maintenance experience
- Have a safe work history and perform safe work habits.
- Display leadership abilities
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Be a self-starter and motivator.
- Have knowledge of general machine shop equipment (welding, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipefitting, air compressors, fire protection, and automation experience.
- Folder/gluer (Alpina Bobst) experience is a plus.
- Electrical/Electronics experience a plus.
- Have a solid work attendance record.
- Offset printing press experience is highly desired
- Able to comprehend technical documents
- Maintain Powered Industrial Truck certification- must be able to meet company licensing requirements for power industrial trucks required for the posiiton- sit down and stand up at a minimum
- Candidate must possess ability to perform all maintenance duties both mechanically and electrically
- Must be able to work any of three shifts and overtime, including weekends, as necessary
- Have a solid attendance record
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 9 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...